What is Touch Tennis?
'Touch Tennis' is a fun, simplified version of Tennis suitable for all ability levels; from absolute beginners to seasoned vets.
What Equipment is used?
We use 21 inch kid's racquets (DNTC will provide racquets, or players can bring their own), low compression red balls, and create a smaller court.
How long do matches typically take to complete?
Matches typically run 15-30 minutes.
1. Matches are best of 3 sets - first to 4 games - tiebreak at 4-4, first to 5. At 4-4 in the tiebreak the next point wins. NOTE: Finals may be extended to best of 5 sets.
2. There are no faults - only ONE serve is permitted.
3. Lets: If a server hits a let on their serve, they are allowed ONE let per point. If the next serve is a let, the server loses the point.
4. No ads - At deuce, the next point wins. The returner can choose which side to return from.
5. Zero tolerance - racquet abuse and foul language result in immediate disqualification.
When is the next tournament?